31/03/2020 0 Comments
Top 30 Tips for Working from Home
In this time of uncertainty, where there is global panic around the Covid-19, we need all the help we can get, I hope some of these pointers, which we can adapt when working from home will resonate.
Anxiety upsets our immune system, when one is anxious one doesn’t want to exercise or eat well, our immune system loves calmness and positivity. One can't fight fire with fire or fight panic with panic!
- Keep anxiety down by keeping a routine, get out of out of your PJs and make your bed.
- Open a window, let fresh air in and circulate.
- Try dry brushing before showering, it is a natural energy boost.
- Start the day with a stretch routine. The Yoga practice, ‘The Sun Salutation’ is great to mobilize your body, your muscles will retain more of their functionality.
- Try to exercise for 30 mins every day, movement releases blockages & it massively boosts your immune system.
- Rise from your chair at least once every hour.
- Do your best to support your last line of defence - your immune system. Ensure you are well nourished; limit fine sugars, junk food, preservatives & additives, these are hard on your system.
- Eat foods that that make your body feel good. Boost your immune system by eating vegetables, Vitamin C. Herbs and spices like oregano, sage, cilantro, parsley, rosemary, ginger and turmeric help fight viral infections. Alliums like garlic and onion also stimulate protective immune cells.
- Limit caffeine as it triggers anxiety
- Hydrate Hydrate Hydrate, our bodies are composed of ~ 60% water.
- Get out in Nature. Get as much sunlight, Vitamin D as possible. Trees are known to balance the nervous system. Go barefoot!
- Raise your awareness, take in your surroundings, live in the now.
- Pay attention to your posture, ensure your head is directly over your shoulders and your back is straight. When your skeleton is aligned, it reduces the amount of strain on your bones. When you hunch up over a computer, you are physically reducing how much space all of your internal organs have. One of the benefits of good posture is that your digestion will improve.
- Pet an animal, animals absorb negative energies.
- Continue to connect with people by phone, zoom or skype or even write a letter. We need connections.
- Respond to events rather than react to them, how we react to a situation is the situation.
- Give & Support each other, giving has its own rewards.
- Surround yourself with positive people.
- Practise self-care e.g. salt baths (cleanses negative energy), reading, singing, playing or listening to music, do what you enjoyed as a kid, the more intense the day the more self-care needed.
- Meditate regularly, as you meditate you are healing, simply be, watch a sunset, listen to the sound of the ocean or smell the scent of a flower
- Make the best use of lifestyle strategies to optimize the well-being of your body so you're not so susceptible to attack.
- Practice deep breathing. Deep breathing reduces the release of the stress hormone, cortisol.
- Try The 4-7-8 breathing technique, also known as “relaxing breath,” which involves breathing in for 4 seconds, holding the breath for 7 seconds, and exhaling for 8 seconds. This breathing pattern reduces anxiety and helps to get one to sleep.
- Control your thoughts, your thoughts control your feelings, your feelings control your actions and your actions control your events, in this time of uncertainty the one thing you can always control are your thoughts.
- Be proactive rather than inactive.
- Take a break from the news and social media
- Start daily Journaling, there is a therapeutic benefit to committing thoughts to paper.
- Repeat Positive Affirmations, Louise Hays one for viruses is ‘I lovingly allow joy to flow freely in my life’.
- Practice Gratitude, what’s great about your life? Each day is a chance to start all over again.
- Connect to a higher power.
We are all facing this pandemic, it is time to reflect on our interdependence and our interconnectedness.
We all love the idea of some time for ourselves, we never have enough time. Now time is forced upon us, so use that time to sort out your house, start to learn something new, read those books, do an online course or activate your creative side.
The past is history, the future is a mystery or anxiety and this moment is a gift
This Too Will Pass!