22/08/2019 0 Comments
Brexit ‘No Deal’ - What does it mean?
With less than 70 days to the 31st October Brexit deadline and the heightened risk of a ‘no deal’. Governments and companies are finalizing ‘no deal’ plans.
What will the impact be for the Biopharmaceutical Industries?
The UK will be treated as a 3rd Country.
What does this mean?
1. All products manufactured in the UK must be QP released in the EU for the EU.
2. All products manufactured in the UK must be tested in the EU for the EU.
3. There are also associated risks to RoW Markets.
4. There is a risk of delays at borders in and out of the UK. How long these delays will be is unknown.
Are products only manufactured in the UK impacted?
NO, any product that has a UK ‘touchpoint’ is impacted.
What are Biopharmaceutical companies doing?
1. Reviewing and updating supply chains
2. Transferring release and testing out of the UK to the EU
3. Transferring distribution centers out of the UK to the EU
4. Stockpiling medicines where feasible
Are you ready ?
If you need any guidance or support in your final stages of planning e.g
1. Supply Chain review
2. Due Diligence Assessments
4. Contract Resources - Project Management, Supply Chain, Quality
Please reach out to us TODAY www.independentsolutions.ie / firstname.lastname@example.org